Loveray Search

Custom Search

Playasia

Playasia Games

Citizen and Seiko Watches Delivery Review

I never owned any self powered (not using any conventional battery) watch before and I have been waiting for the right moment to invest in either a Seiko Kinetic or a Citizen Eco-Drive. I took the plunge the other day after monitoring the prices of a few models on ebay and bid on not one but two watches. I won both auctions, one Citizen Eco-drive watch and one Seiko Kinetic watch. Both watches plus shipping cost me about 200USD and after waiting for over a week the postal collection slip finally arrived at my doorstep. My main concern was the import tax. I have told the seller to declare the items as gift and state the value at 50% off. To my surprise, my parcel was handed to me without issues and it was no even inspected by the customs department. Lucky me!

Here is the parcel containing my watches. It is quite sturdy and well packed. The country of origin: Singapore can clearly been seen on one of the barcode label.


Here is a closeup on the customs declaration label.

I am not sure whether this is the postage stamp label since I cannot find any value printed on it but then again, PP might stand for "Postage Paid".

This is the first time that I come across the prohibited goods warning printed on the parcel box. I think this might be one of the standard postal boxes issued by the Singapore Post Office. I could be wrong though.

The seller has sealed the parcel box securely with brown tape at every angle.

After cutting the brown sealing tape with my pen knife, I can easily open the top side of the parcel box by lifting these two securing tabs.

I have to say that this is one well made box.

Upon opening up all the tabs this is what I saw: pieces of packing styrofoam put in to buffer my watches from moving around in the parcel box.

After brushing aside some of the strofoam I can see the Citizen Eco-drive box label.

After removing the top layer of styrofoam material, I can see that my watches are packed quite securely inside the packing box.

Here is my Citizen Eco-drive watch box.

Here is my Seiko Kinetic watch box.

This is the 1 year international guarantee booklet for my citizen Eco-drive.

The Citizen Eco-drive owner's manual booklet.

The Seiko Kinetic information leaflet which basically states how much the watch is charged by walking for certain durations.

Seiko Kinetic owner's instruction booklet.

A side by side comparison of the two watch boxes.

Here is an overview of the delivery.

Generally I am very pleased with the delivery of the watches. My items arrived safe and sound and I did not have to pay extra for import tax.

For those who wanted to see pictures of my watches, I will be taking a closer look at each of them in the future.

My Love For Life Experience Review of Citizen and Seiko Watches Delivery: 4.5/5

My Love For Life Review

5 Life quote shouts:

Borneo Falcon said...

Time to go green...... Eco Drive and Kinetic

HermanTurnip said...

Having taken a few watch deliveries in my day, I must say that *this* is the way to ship stuff. I wish all of my orders arrived like this. I'm assuming you "would by from again. A++!"?

terribleanalogies.com

HermanTurnip said...

Having taken a few watch deliveries in my day, I must say that *this* is the way to ship stuff. I wish all of my orders arrived like this. I'm assuming you "would by from again. A++!"?

terribleanalogies.com

HermanTurnip said...

Having taken a few watch deliveries in my day, I must say that *this* is the way to ship stuff. I wish all of my orders arrived like this. I'm assuming you "would by from again. A++!"?

terribleanalogies.com

MickShinoda said...

They truly delivered your valuables safe and sound. I commend them for doing so.

Sell Rolex Watches

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright xsigns