Loveray Search

Custom Search

Playasia

Playasia Games

District 9 Movie Review


I watched District 9 with my boo on a weekday evening. I have to say that I never heard of the movie until I watched it. I guess I must be really outside the radar of their promotion campaigns. But from the poster design and movie synopsis I was expecting it to be some kind of CGI 3D movie. Then again, during that time I was not aware that District 9 was produced by Peter Jackson.

District 9 is adapted from a 2005 short film called Alive in Joburg. In the beginning District 9 is a bit slow but when the alien spaceship is introduced, good things started to kick in motion. In brief, District 9 is a science fiction movie that centers around Wikus van de Merwe (Sharlto Copley) who is tasked to relocate a race of aliens a.k.a. Prawns to a new refugee camp outside the city of Johannesburg. Things start to get violent when the Prawns showed little interest in being relocated. In some parts, District 9 is presented in a mock documentary format which I think is a nice touch. The use of CGI blends in nicely with the live action sequences especially how the Prawns are portrayed on screen.

Alive in Joburg short film


District 9 Movie Trailer


All in all, District 9 is a good movie to spend sometime with. There are some blood and gore scenes in District 9 so parents and guardians be warned.

My Love For Life Movie Review rating for District 9: 4/5

My Love For Life Review

2 Life quote shouts:

Borneo Falcon said...

District 9 was one of the Nuffnang ad few months ago. Just finished download it and I heard it is a good film

HermanTurnip said...

Missed it during it's theatrical run, but it'll be out on blu-ray on December 22nd. Day one purchase for me!

terribleanalogies.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright xsigns