Loveray Search

Custom Search

Playasia

Playasia Games

The Day The Earth Stood Still Movie Review


I watched The Day The Earth Stood Still with my boo last night and I must say that it was an interesting experience. At the beginning, I notice that my boo was messing around with my phone so I told her to pay attention to the movie. She then said that the beginning of the movie was slow and a bit dull. I kinda see her point on this but once The Day The Earth Stood Still kicked into high gear by introducing the alien sphere, we had out full attention on the action on screen.

The Day The Earth Stood Still is a "reimagining" of the 1951 sci-fi movie of the same name. Starring Keanu Reeves as Klaatu, the alien being from far across the galaxy, The Day The Earth Stood Still is about how an advanced alien being is sent to Earth to rescue the planet from the destructive nature of humans. Keanu Reeves did a believable portrayal of Klaatu the alien being without much overacting involved. I guess he is well suited for non melodramatic robotic roles to play. It is also a pleasant surprise to see Jennifer Connelly back on screen again this time playing the role of Dr. Helen Benson who is trying to persuade Klaatu from wiping out the entire human race from the face of the Earth.

The Day The Earth Stood Still Movie Trailer


The Day The Earth Stood Still is a great popcorn movie to watch. My Love For Life Movie review rating for The Day The Earth Stood Still: 4/5.

My Love For Life Review

3 Life quote shouts:

Borneo Falcon said...

With your high rating, I will try to watch this movie

HermanTurnip said...

I'm a huge fan of the original flick, which stands up even today. Haven't seen this remake, but do plan to!

Superman said...

Watched this not long ago also. Quite nice. Like the car, Honda!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright xsigns