Loveray Search

Custom Search

Playasia

Playasia Games

The Dark Knight Movie Review



I know what most of you guys are thinking right now when you see this review: "Why do a Dark Knight review now when the movie has been out since July 2008?" To tell you the truth, I am one of the few people who didn't watch The Dark Knight on the big screen and instead opt to wait for its home release on DVD. The production quality for the Dark Knight DVD is excellent. I got hold on the two-disc Special Edition DVD, where the first disc contains the entire movie formatted in 2.40:1 aspect ration. The bonus second disc contains the IMAX sequences formatted in the original 1.44:1 aspect ratio.

With Christian Bale taking the lead as Bruce Wayne / Batman for his second time round, The Dark Knight is the current best Batman movie IMHO. With a darker tone to the story containing fatal tragedies befalling main supporting characters, The Dark Knight is a heart wrenching movie underneath layers of action sequences of high production values. One of the minor disappointment for me in The Dark Knight is the fact that Katie Holmes is no longer playing the role of Rachel Dawes. I got accustomed to Holmes as Rachel Dawes during Batman Begins so I was eager to find out how her relationship with Bruce Wayne would develop in The Dark Knight. To be fair, I think that Maggie Gyllenhaal's portrayal of Rachel Dawes in The Dark Knight is passable.

Coincidentally The Dark Knight was Heath Ledger's first and last outing as The Joker. Shortly after he had completed filming The Dark Knight, Heath Ledger passed away on 22 January 2008 due to prescription drug overdose. He had garnered much acclaim and praise for his last role as The Joker in The Dark Knight. R. I. P. Heath.

The Dark Knight Movie Trailer


My Love For Life Movie Review Rating for The Dark Knight: 4.5/5

4 Life quote shouts:

Borneo Falcon said...

I am a bit disappointed that there is not much actions from Two Face

Woody said...

I'm also a late watcher of the Dark Knight on DVD. Really enjoyed it, full of action all the way through!

HermanTurnip said...

What's really cool with the blu-ray version is that the IMAX scenes are integrated into the movie. These scenes look amazing on the blu-ray platform. So much so that when I showed my parents the movie on my system they ordered a 52" HD tv and a blu-ray player the next day. :-)

xsigns said...

Wow Herman! I didn't realize the quality difference between the blu-ray and DVD releases is that substantial! I guess I'll be saving up this year for a blu-ray player and HD tv starting this year. Thanks for the heads up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Copyright xsigns